Sunday, January 18, 2009

Movie Edition

I was driving the van to work--DJ actually said "I want you to drive the minivan into the ground--why put the miles on the convertible?" Well, it worked. I was driving in heavy traffic and realized that I was pushing on the gas, but no movement. Hmm--I steered off the road and the transmission was shot. Thank goodness for Enterprise and AAA. I called AAA, and they towed the car back to our local mechanic (just under 100 miles away). Enterprise picked me up, and I was on my way to work.

I of course called DJ and he went to work looking for cars. Now I had the idea of Surburban, extended Denali, maybe even a Hummer (stop laughing). DJ called me a couple of hours later and told me that he found the perfect car--a conversion van. Do you remember in Napolean Dynamite where Uncle Rico was living in the van. That's what I had in my mind when DJ said those words. He was describing this as his perfect vehicle. My response was, "I'm NOT driving a vehicle where there's a bathroom right behind me!" Saturday we went looking at vehicles, and it was the upgraded version of the Uncle Rico mobile. Thank goodness our mechanic called and gave us a figure for a repair that I could live with. I might have started drawing pictures of Ligers and eating my "tots."

After car shopping (I actually did make DJ look at a Hummer), we stopped for lunch at our favorite restaurant. It's actually a deli that is truly New York style and makes the most awesome desserts. We ordered lunch, and at the end they brought out cookies for the kids. Reagan was babysitting, and wasn't with us, and Madi said, "I will give my cookie to Reagan." Josh jumped in and said, "I will give my cookie to Mommy." Sweet kids, huh. We looked over at Tre' to see if he would join in the sharing, and he got a slightly frantic look in his eyes, and I could see the argument going on behind his eyes. To me, it looked like Gollum saying, "My precious......" Gollum won over Smeagol, and he turned to the side and took a nibble out of the cookie.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I think your blog name says it all.

Hahaha I'm going to mail out that "Any HOrrible Occasion" card to you tomorrow.

-Janae