Wednesday, October 21, 2009

We've decided to study the Gospels between now and Christmas; Matthew 2 is the story of the wise men. Everyone understood gold, but Madi was having a hard time getting her mind around the concept of "frankincense." D.J. was explaining that it was very expensive and that it smelled good. He then went on to explain how it was used in other religions in ceremonies and was describing how the priests would swing it around and spread the smell. Madi then said, "Oh--so its like a car air freshener?"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love Madi! Did I tell you what she said in class the other day? We were talking about the temples and I was asking the kids about all the things that we do in the temples. They got baptisms for the dead and marriage, but I was trying to get them to say "endowment". So I said, "Before you can get married in the temple you have to take out your..." and Madi said "Garbage??" She's such a funny girl :)