Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Geeks Of The World-UNITE!!!!

That's my battle cry right now. Hopefully it works; after all Warren Buffet and Bill Gates must have both been geeks, right? My absolutely geeky children (in the best possible sense of the word) have been geek-i-fying their lives.

In between football and basketball, Tre' managed to win a sweepstakes award for his science fair project on earthquakes and building types (helps his interest to live on the San Andreas faultline) at the school district level. Next he moves on to a four-county competition. County, ho, hum, right? Well, this four-county division has about twice the population base of Utah.

Madi won third place in the school district for her project on probability. After throwing 4,165 dice (yes, she also recorded the results for them all), she also managed to fit in her cheerleading group that she formed at the school. I think that must have come from DJ's side of the family. I seem to remember poking fun at cheerleaders all my life. (That must have been supressed angst on my side. Or maybe not.).

No comments: