Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's not from MY side of the family








The kids LOVE a new discovery of ours. Because I work in Anaheim, and everyone knows we love Disneyland, one would assume that it would have some Disney-related theme. Nope. It's a place called the Children's Discovery Science Center. Now, the love of science is actually inspired by both DJ and I. My contribution may be limited to genetics (thanks Dad!), but DJ is the one who inspires them to enjoy it. When we have hikes, he points out the geological formations and their causes. He encourages them to understand why one body may produce farts, while another doesn't. Good real-world stuff like that.

DJ and Josh discovered this place on Monday. They had dropped me off, and wanted something to do. They enjoyed it enough to get a family membership for the year. This science center has everything from dinosaurs to an earthquake room to a place where you can stand inside a tornado. Of course my kids would love that! You can play virtual volleyball with another kid on a screen and it tracks your movements. You can lay on a bed of nails. A TON of cool things.

One of the things my kids like is an "outlining" wall. I'm not really sure what's it's called, but it's like those little toys you can get where you push your hand against something filled with little pins and the outline remains. You can do your hand, you can do your face, you've got the image. Well, Thursday, DJ and company came to pick me up; they arrived early enough to get there and enjoy the center for a while. They liked the earthquake room; Tre' loved crashing the flight simulator. Then they did the outline with all the kids, and sent a copy to me. It inspired my title for this blog. Can you guess which one is Reagan?

No comments: