Friday, October 10, 2008

Better Late Than Never

OK, I admit it. I'm intimidated by Lindsay and Janae's blogs. Pictures, cute stories, blah, blah, blah. Every time I thought that I wanted to get a story down, I didn't have a picture (never mind the fact that I don't have a camera now, thanks to our friendly neighborhood thieves who stole from an unlocked car in the driveway, but that's another story). DJ bugged me; my parents commented on it; Janae mentioned it. Then I thought "I can have one of those literary blogs. OK not literary. Just plain-old wordy! I don't have to have pictures! I'm just not creative." (Like that's a news flash.) Hence, my new start with a "wordy" blog.

I'm working from home today. I guess not working yet, but it's the thought that counts. Now that I'm (almost) done with the annual financial audit, I'm going to be working from home on occasion. I presented it as "think of how much time I'll be saving on the commute which I can devote to work." DJ's picked me up the last two weekends to save me the aggravation of driving home in traffic. I even worked through this last commute, so I got 2 more hours in, and one more project done!

The kids are great. Reagan seems to have blossomed into teenage-hood (and "hood" is the key word) as an 11=year old. I swear I wasn't as moody as she was until I was at least 20! Maybe I was a late bloomer. However, she still is sweet, good with kids (she's a big hit in the neighborhood as a babysitter), etc.

Tre's student body president, football team quarterback, and the highest scoring student for math, science, and reading. Yes, I raised a renaissance man. Or least, a renaissance boy (take that Steve--mountain boy!). OK, I've been working for the last 4 years, so at least I contributed to his gene pool. He's an avid BYU and Colts fan, so we do the weekly sit down to watch the BYU game (I've sneaked in a book a time or two).

Madi loves her horses. It just broke the 100-degree mark, so we'll start visiting them soon. In fact, I think that would be a lovely activity for Thanksgiving, (the kids can go see the horses) so put it on your calendars everyone! She had picture day yesterday, and the night before we looked at her outfits. She wanted to wear a particular shirt, which was getting a little small for her, but I thought--no one can see her from the waist down, so why not? We laid it out, and put a skirt together for it. In the morning, DJ wasn't as pleased as she was (because it was too small), and so we discussed the choice. Guess what my little daughter did. She SNEAKED IT TO SCHOOL IN HER BACKPACK AND CHANGED!!!!!! Yes, it brings back memories of Reagan and the scarf. It also gave me a taste of what my fashion-conscious daughter will do in the future.

Josh is Josh. He's a puppy at heart, and is fun to cuddle (still). With DJ having more Sunday meetings, Josh is my new buddy on the organ stand until DJ can get into the chapel. Josh has been known to change the organ stops, press the floor pedals, and even turn off the organ. However, he then turns to me and smiles. The kid's going to get away with murder.

1 comment:

Adventures in Petersonland said...

hahahaha! youre so funny heidi! i loved hearing the updates on the kids. crazy that reagan is 11! it seems like yesterday that we were down in palm desert for her baptism! and i can totally picture josh playing with the organ in sacrement! funny kid...thats how steve is, he will do something naughty and smile then he's forgiven. grrrrr!
im happy that you are back into the blogging scene! and dont be jealous of me, im a loser and have nothing better to do then play on the internet and photo shop pictures of steven and i.
we miss you guys and hope to see you soon! did you hear that tampa florida is most likey where we'll be in march? not 100% sure, but it looks good.