Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Reader Girl

I LOVE to read. Love, love, love, love to read. My library at home has over 2000 titles, alphabetized by author. I'll get home, and go in and just look around and think I'm in heaven. I'll buy extra copies of books just because I know I'm going to loan out a book and not get it back. I can't wait to share books and authors with my kids and co-workers, because it feels like I'm introducing a new friend. In fact, I was just talking with someone at work about how I love a good book; it's not that I'm escaping, it's that I'm enjoying the unfolding of the story.

I've attached a link for an article written by Shannon Hale, fabulous author extrodinaire. Although I never was an English major, and never lost my love for reading, this feels as if its an insight to my psyche. I, too, used to sneak into the fantasy section of the libary and almost feel ashamed for liking those types of stories.

http://www.schoollibraryjournal.com/index.asp?layout=talkBackCommentsFull&articleid=CA6600686&talk_back_header_id=6558881

Both Reagan & Tre' are officially part of this family. They consume books as well. I loved it when Tre' begged me to buy the next book in a new series, and then told me that I'd love the series as well (since I hadn't read it yet).

1 comment:

Adventures in Petersonland said...

How can you read it if it doesn't have any pictures! Silly book reader...lol

-Steve