Friday, July 17, 2009

Have I Been Too Worried?


Both DJ and Tre' want me to tell you that I made it more scary than it sounds. However, to combat that impression, take a look at this (its not our picture, but I stole it off the wikipedia):


DJ was sleeping in the tent on the tundra right by the river outside of Prudhoe Bay. (Long nights driving, etc.). The kids were playing in front of the tent, and he kept hearing shouts of "Wolf!" However, in the tradition of the boy who cries wolf, he ignored it. Hmmm--in an area where polar bears, arctic grizzlies, and wolves roam, would you do that? When he came out, the 3 younger kids swore there was a pack of wolves watching them right across the river.

Would you say that it's time for me to get up there? Yeah--if I want to bring anyone home alive. I'm almost in the mood to leave DJ up there.

No comments: